St. Paul's Cathedral Library


The last library that we visited was St. Paul's Cathedral Library.  The outside of the cathedral was beautiful and I wondered how the architect created such elaborate building.  We went inside and I was amazed at the beauty of the cathedral.  The class climbed up several stairs to an area that led to a wonderful alcove that had some amazing artwork that was used within the church.  We continued to a library that was FILLED from top to bottom with rare books.  The librarian works at St. Paul's works there part time and works at Guildhall library in the City of London. 

St. Paul's Cathedral was built after the Great Fire of London by Sir Christopher Wren.  It was plainly furbished until the Victorian era when the mosaic was added.   The inside of the church was very beautiful and peaceful to look at.

The library was a room that lined with shelves and books.  The books are arranged with the big books at the bottom and small books at the top.  The library was beautiful.  After the library, the class went across to the other side of the cathedral and entered a rom that had a model of St. Paul's in the center.  It was mentioned that the model has sent out to various museums to be displayed, I wondered how it could be moved from the room to other places. 

I got to climb to the top of St. Paul's via stairs and I am glad that I did for the view of London was spectacular!  I am so glad that I got to visit St. Paul's Cathedral!



           




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

V&A Blythe House

Middle Temple Law Library